Fall is my favourite season. There are so many amazing reasons to love it: sweater weather, ask beautiful foliage, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving feasts, pies and oh, my birthday. With the start of a new season comes a new list of fall food inspired activities.
1. Visit an apple orchard
Bake fall pies; apple and pumpkin specifically
3. Make apple cider
Try a new fall-inspired sangria
Make soups (especially lots of butternut squash!)
6. Visit a pumpkin patch
Make a Thanksgiving feast, even on a small scale
8. Try a new chili recipe
9. Make a spooky treat for Halloween
Go for a fall hike
11. Make homemade trail mix and granola
12. Finally (actually!) use my ice cream maker
Cozy up with a good book and a cup of tea
Sip on homemade hot chocolate
15. Use pumpkin in an unconventional way
16. Hop on the donut bandwagon and make homemade donuts with fall flavours
17. Snack on apples with homemade caramel dip
18. Celebrate Ocktoberfest with fall brews
19. And homemade pretzels and specialty mustards
20. Make caramel apples – sticks and all!
Visit a fall fair
22. Create a fall centerpiece – possibly as a test for the wedding!
23. Decorate or carve a pumpkin
24. Get lost in a corn maze
25. Toast pumpkin seeds
Happy first day of fall and happy munching!