For the third year in a row the August long weekend found us in Montreal for Osheaga. The weekend was all about good music, good times and of course, good food. The highlight of the weekend was Macklemore and Ryan Lewis singing “Same Love” with Tegan and Sara.
1. We discovered a cute little pizzeria up the street from our hotel.
2. Our hotel provided us with fresh croissants at our door every morning.
3. We visited the Jean-Talon Market. We bought our first Ontario peaches of the season while at the market in Quebec.
4. We munched on Montreal-style bagels from St-Viateur Bagel.
Easily the best bagel I have ever eaten. Warm, soft and perfectly toasted. The sesame seeds had a nuttiness to them and the lox and toppings were perfect and fresh.
5. We enjoyed Croque Madame in Old Montreal.
I had this exact meal last year and I will probably have this exact meal next year. So yums and so Montreal.
6. We tried our first Montreal food truck at Osheaga, Montreal Dim Sum.
The pork balls and shrimp dumpling were unreal! This has caused me to crave dim sum for the past month and a half. If I lived in Montreal I would track this truck down on a daily basis.
7. And last but never least, we finished our visit with some Montreal smoked meat from the iconic Schwartz’s.
We have made it a tradition that we grab some sandwiches from Schwartz’s before we leave the city and we eat them from the Mont Royale lookout.
Another great visit to Montreal and definitely not the last time we visit this city or Osheaga.