It is September 21st and that means the first day of fall is tomorrow. Fall is my favourite season but I will miss summer. I wasn’t as productive with my summer food list as I had hope.
Here’s what the list looks like:
1. Go to a strawberry patch and pick my own berries.
2. Make homemade strawberry jam.
Grow an herb garden including cilantro, basil, chives and green onion
Tour a brewery
5. Tour a winery
Try a new sangria recipe
7. Use the barbecue as a smoker
8. Cook breakfast on the barbecue
9. Finally use my ice cream maker
Make ice pops
Go on a picnic
12. Make homemade iced tea
Eat more salads – beans, green and fruit
14. Eat as much corn on the cob as possible in the month of August
15. Grill asparagus and wrap it in prosciutto
Sit on a patio at least once a week
Drink beers in the backyard sitting in Muskoka chairs
Visit farmer’s markets
19. Try gazpacho
20. Drink a cocktail decorated with an umbrella
21. Pick peaches
22. Decorate cupcakes with edible flowers like pansies
23. Make a vodka watermelon
24. Cook on a bonfire
Eat carnival foods: cotton candy, corn dogs and slushies
10 out of 25 is not bad, but it’s not great. Tomorrow I will come up with a food to do list for fall and hopefully I can complete all of those by December 21!