On Monday I made Campbell’s Low Sodium Lemon, Rosemary and Chicken Quinoa or as I like to call it, Chicken Quinoa Awful.
This looked amazing and sounded amazing but was not amazing. I think there was too much going on with this dish. There was quinoa, chicken, zucchini, carrots, and two types of mushrooms.
And I don’t think I like quinoa…
I wouldn’t recommend this and unfortunately there is a whole skillet of this in my fridge. Frack.
Last week for dinner I made Campbell’s Steak & Mushroom Florentine.
1. Using actual grilling steak as suggested instead of stewing beef makes a huge difference. The steak is tender and chewy making it unnecessary for one to use a knife.
2. This recipe called for one small onion and I really need to learn what that means – I think the onion I used was a medium size onion which for my tastes, was great. Other might not have appreciated this as much as I did. I think on my next trip to the grocery store I will have to buy a bag of small, yellow/Spanish onions.
3. I hate wilted spinach. It makes me feel like Popeye and it has no flavour.
4. I think next time I would add chopped mushrooms to bring out that rooty flavour of the soup and then maybe I could eliminate the spinach with the justification that I am still eating vegetables? But then this wouldn’t be a Florentine anymore and would just be a stroganoff but there’s nothing wrong with that.
5. Serve over egg noodles – No Yolks – there is no alternative.